Meets at 6:00pm every Wednesday! (was Thursdays, recently changed)
- Meetings in the community room of Tom's Apartment Building
- 550 West Crosstown Parkway / Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(click the address for a google map)
- The community room has a separate entrance (the main entrance requires a keycard) along the left side of the structure. There's a little outdoor cafe-alike area just outside the room.
- I'm going to post pictures of the entrance soon. Standby.
- Seems the Portage D&W is nolonger an option. They started closing the cafeteria early for some reason.
- No experience necessary — it only takes a few minutes to learn how to play.
- Experienced players also welcome.
- Go is the oldest game in history.
- Come see what you've been missing.
|[Guestbook]||Please sign our guestbook.|
|[Download Directory]||There's not a lot there...|
|[KGC Ratings]||The Club AGA Ratings|
Please join our mailing list by filling out this form! If this seems too strange to deal with, use the "ask the founder" form below.
Please note that if the list pages ask for login credentials, you will not be able to log in. That's a side effect of hosting the list in my personal domain space.
KGC Events and Notices (via Twitter)
Info and Links
- What is Go? In short, the game of go is a two player game like chess and othello. But besides the fact that it's played with black and white peices, the similarity ends there. Check out the answer at the Sensei's Library. SL is probably one of the best Go references on earth. That's not an exaggeration!
- Where can I learn Go? Well, besides going to the club? Seriously, we'd be happy to show you how to play. Besides that, there are tutorials all over.
- Where can I play Go? Please come to the club! But if you wish to play online, here's a small list of sites.
- Wow, do you know of any other cool sites?
- Go Commentary — this seems to be a site full of free go commentary.
- Slate & Shell donated some books to the Grand Rapids Go Club to use as prizes at their tournament (5/15 04).
- Yellow Mountain Imports: http://ymimports.com/
- The Go-gamestore: http://www.go-gamestore.com/
- Go Problems at goproblems.com
- The interactive way to Go.
- The American Go Association
- The British Go Association
- Guo Juan's Internet Go School looks pretty sweet Internet Go School
- Alexander Dinerchtein (3p) asked us to post links to his go sites: Find your Go rank, Go search engine, Insei league on KGS, Online Go lessons, Go newspaper, Korean Go schools, Test your Go style!, Russian Go Federation, Lee Changho, 9-dan pro, Go websites rating, Go game servers, Social network for Go players, Hamete collection, Insei league on DGS, San-ren-sei fuseki, and World Go championships.
Ask the founder a question:
Donate to the KGC
This convenient button can be used to give money to Paul for use on club expenses. It does go directly into Paul's personal account, not a separate KGC account. He will, however, keep the funds separate by using pencil and paper to keep track. Scout's honor.
Note that you do not need to set up a paypal account to pay by credit card! However it is made to look as though you do.